Why should I care if a random person is using my wifi?
- Cyber Criminals using your wifi to do illegal activity can cause you a big hassle
- An intruder on a business wireless can leak corporate secrets, client data, financial information, etc.
- Several hacking techniques work best when on the same network
- It’s just Creepy. Why are they on there? Don’t you want to know?
But I have encryption? Doesn’t that stop the bad guys?
- We always recommend encryption.
- Many forms of Wireless Encryption can now be broken given enough time.
- Additional tools are required to ensure outsiders aren’t using your network.
Doesn’t my router already do this?
- Most routers can only show you who is on your network right now.
- If you check your router today, but an intruder joins next week, you wouldn’t know.
- Always On, Automated Solutions like Who’s On My Wifi are a smart way to detect intruders.